HomeAboutCook It UpProgressive LivingFacebookTwitterEmail

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Grilled Cheese Anyone?

What a fabulous idea!  Who would've thought...oh wait, Martha Stewart did.  Comeback Queen, you are.  Yesterday on Oprah, it was a "Best of Martha Stewart" show.  Martha suggested a grown-up grilled cheese party, and why not throw in a Bloody Mary for good measure?  Well, I just will -- for my next Girl's Night menu.      


apple, gruyere, & sage
No ordinary grilled cheese sandwich will do.  I'll buy cheeses known for melting easily as suggested - like Gruyère, cheddar and Fontina.  I can't wait to choose my breads!  I'm skipping in my chair, if that's possible.  And the toppings...oh my friends will think I've gone mad.  I'll tame them with Martha's classic bloody mary recipe. 

Grilled cheeses are as close as I'll get to being a Martha Stewart.  Thanks, Martha!  For grilled cheese combinations visit www.oprah.com/oprahshow/How-to-Make-Your-Own-Grilled-Cheese-Bar.  Send me your grilled cheese ideas and let me know how your party turned out! 

Classic Bloody Mary
3/4 cups fresh tomato juice
1/4 cup clam juice
1 lemon , juiced
2 to 3 to 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. freshly grated or prepared horseradish
1/2 tsp. celery salt
Pinch black pepper
Pinch salt
2 ounces vodka
1 slice cucumber , for garnish
1 stalk celery , for garnish
1 wedge lemon , for garnish  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers